Saturday 9 January 2010

romantic Ideas

Ideas: At Work


A "Kissable" Surprise
I was in a "romantic idea" mood and decided that I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with something while he was at work. I get done an hour earlier than he does, so I drove over to his work and put Hershey kisses all over his car! I left before he came out so I couldn't see the reaction on his face, but said it was absolutely the sweetest thing any body has ever done for him!
--submitted by Anonymous

A Dollar for Your Smile
One night I called my boyfriend up at work and found out that he was having a bad night. Trying to think of a way to make him smile, but lacking money, I pulled out a dollar and wrote in big block letters “SMILE” and laminated it. I drove up to his job and placed it on his truck, so when he got off work he would instantly smile!
--submitted by Candi

A Single Rose
My girlfriend and I work in the same office, on the graveyard shift. Nobody else at work knows we are a couple. One night I bought a single rose at the local supermarket on my way in to work, and kept it in my car in a bottle of bottled water during our shift. About an hour before quitting time, I snuck out and put it on her windshield. It got a beautiful response.
--submitted by Roger

A Work Surprise
My boyfriend and I lived together so it was kind of hard to surprise him, but I had told him the night before that my department at work wanted to have a staff meeting at 7am. So I left the house that morning at 6:30am and drove over to his office. At his office you had to have a card to get into the building. (I stole his from his briefcase!) I decorated his cubical with a banner saying, “I love you.” I put confetti kisses and hearts and “X and O’s” all over his desk, chair and the floor. I then put a stuffed animal caterpillar on his Monitor that said “ I love you” on the body. And then I left him a card on his keyboard. I was so nervous that he would get there early since I woke up early. But, I got to work and he called me about 45 minutes later and was so surprised and he loved that I went through all that trouble. And it all only cost me under $20. Oh, and I left his access card on his desk saying, “Thanks!”
--submitted by Stephanie

After Work Balloon Surprise
My girlfriend works nights and I work days, so it is kind of hard for us to spend a lot of time together. I wanted to surprise her, so what I did one night was I wrote down all the things I love about her. Then I got a bunch of balloons. On each balloon I wrote different reasons of what I loved about her. Then I went to her work and placed all of the balloons in her car for her to see when she got off work. I must have blown up about 40 of them. She loved it!! She thanked me and said it was one of a kind.
--submitted by Gene

After Work Surprise II
I took a Chinese box decorated with hearts that I bought at a hobby/craft store and put Hershey's Valentine Kisses in it. I bought a heart with a key that read, "He who holds the key can unlock my heart" and placed the key at the bottom underneath the kisses, and kept the heart with me. Then I wrote a poem on a little pink heart made out of paper saying, "Between the kisses you will find the key to unlock the greatest treasure of all time. Come to me, my Love, and see the treasure you are seeking." I placed that in his truck, while he was at work, and also placed valentine stickers all over his windows on his truck. I included a gigantic card in his truck along with balloons that I blew up myself (earlier that day). There were balloons everywhere! He loved it.
--submitted by Alia

Bad Day Box
I live in Boston and my boyfriend goes to school in North Carolina, so I wanted to send him a little something that he'd never think of getting from me. I went to a craft store and bought a small wooden box ($1) that looked like a little treasure chest. I painted it his favorite color and wrote on top "Jonathan's Bad Day Box". Inside I put a Hershey's hug and a Kiss and a note that said when you're having a bad day or just feeling blue open up your bad day box and there will always be a hug and kiss for you. I also sent a bag of "refills".
--submitted by Emily

Balloon Love Note
I did this for my boyfriend just after we started going together. I got a plain balloon and wrote a little love note on a small piece of romantic paper. I put it in the balloon then filled it with helium! I tied it to his antenna while he was at work because he LOVES getting attention!
--submitted by Becca

Blast 'em with Love!
My boyfriend was at work one night, and I somehow managed to snag his car keys. I went to his truck and put in a CD I had made with our song and some other love songs on it. I set the volume and CD so that when he turned on his truck, the stereo would blast our song right at the beginning. I attached a little note on the steering wheel saying "I love you!"
--submitted by Becka

Boyfriend Appreciation Day
My boyfriend (now husband) always took great strides to make me feel happy and loved. He has always been there for me, and I wanted to honor him in a special way, so I created a "Boyfriend Appreciation Day." I started the day early by picking him up breakfast and delivering it too his work. I then had a basket of toys and treats delivered to his office (silly putty, race cars, cookies, etc.) with a big sign on it that said "Boyfriend Appreciation Day." I called him several times to see how he was doing and to tell him that I loved him. I then made a special dinner that night. All of his friends were jealous and it made him feel really loved and special.
--submitted by Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment